Hundreds Gather to Remember Baby King Jay

Prayer vigil

Hours after the body of 8-month-old King Jay Davila was found in  northeast San Antonio, hundreds gathered for a prayer vigil. 

Family, friends and many who never knew the child stood in the pouring rain during the service.

Some were there because they had been following the case since it was  first reported, and others felt particularly close to King Jay because  they lived near one of the places associated with his disappearance.

The service was hosted by Last Chance Ministries and people from across  the county came to speak, as well as local councilman Greg Brockhouse,  and one of King Jay's cousins.

"We believe that everyone involved will be brought to justice and that  God will bring forth the truth, and everything that happened to baby Jay  will be brought to light,” Adriana Gomez said. “Baby King was such a  joyful baby, always laughing. He had a beautiful smile that always lit  up the room."

Gomez also took a moment to thank law enforcement for their work.

An arrest affidavit filed today against Christopher Davila says his  eight month old son King Jay Davila died following an accident at his  home while he was in the care of his father, News Radio 1200 WOAI  reports.

According to the affadavit, the baby was sitting in the  carseat on the edge of the bed while Christopher was playing video  games. At one point the baby fell to the floor and landed on his head.   Later that evening, Christopher went to check on the baby and found him  dead.

At that point, police allege that the entire family  concocted a scheme to make it appear that the baby vanished in a car  theft, while in reality, Davila put his little body into a backpack and  buried him in a field near his home off Midcrown Dr. on the northeast  side.

In a news conference, Police Chief Bill McManus said Davila  finally led police to his son's little body as his story about a car  theft began to unravel.

Photo: Spectrum News

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content