The Texas Longhorns held off a second-half rally by TCU for a 29-26 win on Saturday night at Amon G. Carter Stadium. The Longhorns improved to 9-1 this season and sit alone atop the Big 12 standings.
QB Quinn Ewers returned after missing the last two games to complete 22-of-33 passes for 317 yards and one touchdown. RB Jonathan Brooks rushed for 104 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries.
- Jonathan Brooks had a career long 73-yard reception in the first quarter to set up the Longhorns offense on the two-yard line. Brooks punched it in from two yards out to give Texas a 7-3 lead.
- Adonai Micthell hauled in a six-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter for his team leading ninth touchdown of the season. The score gave Texas a 19-6 lead late in the first half.
- Terrance Brooks picked off TCU quarterback Josh Hoover late in the first half to earn his second interception in the last three games.
- Jonathan Brooks found the end zone from 22-yards out to give the Longhorns a 26-6 lead going into halftime. The score was Brooks' 10th rushing touchdown of the season and his second of the game.
- Bert Auburn hit three field goals in the game to extend his made field goal streak to 11. Auburn tied a career long with a 49-yard made field goal in the fourth quarter.
Texas will travel to Ames, Iowa to take on Iowa State on Saturday, Nov. 18 at 7 p.m.