The Texas Longhorns dominated Texas Tech, 57-7, in the regular season finale on Friday night at Darrell K Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium.
With the win, the Longhorns clinched a spot in the Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship Game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington Texas on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 11 a.m.
Texas was clicking on all cylinders Friday night as they dropped a season high 57 points in the regular season finale. The Longhorns had 528 yards of total offense (226 pass, 302 rush) while holding Texas Tech to only 198 total yards.
Running back Jaydon Blue had a career day and carried the ball 10 times for 121 yards, including a 69-yard touchdown rush. It marked the first 100-yard game of his career.
Kicker Bert Auburn tied a Texas single-game record with five made field goals in the win. His 21 points in the win was also a Texas single game record.
- Keilan Robinson earned his first touchdown of the season with a 10-yard rush in the first quarter to give Texas a 7-0 lead.
- Jaydon Blue broke free for a 69-yard touchdown rush early in the second quarter to put the Longhorns up 17-7. The rush was Blue's longest of his career and was his second touchdown this season.
- Bert Auburn drilled four field goals in the first half and was a perfect 5-for-5 in the win. He extended his made field goal streak to 19 and improved his season field goal total to 28, both of which are tops in program history.
- Keilan Robinson returned the opening kickoff of the second half all the way back for a 95-yard touchdown to extend the Longhorns lead to 33-7. The return was the ninth longest kickoff return touchdown in program history and the first since 2020.
- Xavier Worthy hauled in his fifth touchdown of the season on a 19-yard strike from Quinn Ewers to put the Longhorns up 43-7.
- Jett Bush recorded his first interception of the season and returned it for a touchdown to extend Texas' lead to 50-7 late in the third quarter. It was Texas' fifth defensive touchdown of the season.
- Quintrevion Wisner earned his first career touchdown late in the fourth quarter with a 10-yard touchdown rush to put the Longhorns up 57-7.