The Texas Longhorns picked up a win on the road, defeating Iowa State 26-16 on Saturday night. Texas is now 10 and 1 on the season.
- Bert Auburn hit a career-long 50-yard field goal to give Texas a 6-3 lead going into halftime. Auburn went 3-for-3 in the win and extended his made field goal streak to 14. His streak of 14 consecutive successful field goal attempts is the third-longest in UT history.
- He also brought his season total to 23 field goals made, tied for the second-most in a season in program history.
- Jordan Whittington hauled in a 23-yard touchdown reception to give Texas a 13-3 lead. It was his first touchdown catch of the season and the fifth of his career. Whittington also converted a two-point conversion later in the game.
- Gunnar Helm had a 31-yard touchdown reception to give Texas a 23-9 lead. It was his second career touchdown catch.
- Quinn Ewers threw for 281 yards and two touchdowns. It was his ninth-straight game with at least one touchdown pass.
- In the absence of Johnathon Brooks, freshman running back CJ Baxter got the start and carried the ball 20 times for 117 yards, averaging 5.8 yards a carry. It was his first career 100-yard game.
Up Next: Texas will host Texas Tech Friday, Nov. 24 at 6:30 p.m. CT.