The Stars failed to pick up a win on home ice. Dallas lost to the Boston Bruins 3-2 at the American Airlines Center. Wyatt Johnston and Joe Pavelski found the back of the net for Dallas in the third period. Jake Oettinger made 26 saves in the losing effort. The Stars have lost two straight but remain atop the Central Division at 7-3-and-1. They travel to face the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday night.
- Forward Wyatt Johnston (1-0—1) tallied his fourth goal of the season at the 5:09 mark of the third period, snapping a three-game goal drought. Johnston has eight points (4-4—8) in 11 GP.
- Defenseman Miro Heiskanen earned his 49th career multi-point game with two assists (0-2—2) against Boston. He also recorded eight shots on goal, one shy of his career high set Jan. 2, 2019 vs. New Jersey.
- Forward Joe Pavelski scored his fifth goal of the season, placing him in a tie with Roope Hintz for the team lead. Pavelski also shares the lead in points (5-6—11) in 11 GP.
- Forward Jason Robertson established a career high in time on ice (26:17) and earned his team-leading seventh assist.
- Goaltender Jake Oettinger made 26 saves on 29 shots in his eighth appearance of the season.