The Texas Longhorns fell to the Oklahoma Sooners 34-30 in the Red River Rivalry on Saturday at the Cotton Bowl.
Quinn Ewers completed 31 of 37 passing for 346 yards and a touchdown. Jonathan Brooks rushed 22 times for 129 yards. Jordan Whittington had 115 yards receiving and Xavier Worthy had 108.
• Kitan Crawford blocked a punt in the end zone and freshman Malik Muhammad recovered as the Longhorns tied the score 7-7 in the first quarter. The score for Muhammad was his first collegiate touchdown.
• The Longhorns went up 14-10 on a 22-yard touchdown pass from Quinn Ewers to Gunnar Helm. The touchdown completed a nine play, 85-yard drive. It was the first career touchdown for Helm.
• Bert Auburn sent a 45-yard field goal through the uprights to close the gap to 27-20 with 1:53 to play in the third quarter. The kick was Auburn's 29th career field goal.
• Jonathon Brooks rushed 29 yards for a touchdown to tie the game 27-27 with 6:10 to play in the fourth quarter. Brooks went over 100 yards for the game on the run. It is the fourth straight 100-yard rushing came for Brooks and his fifth career game over 100 yards.
• Bert Auburn kicked a 47-yard go-ahead field goal with 1:22 to play to give Texas a 30-27 lead with 1:17 to play in the fourth quarter. It was the 30th field goal of her career.
• Oklahoma drove 75 yard to score a touchdown to go up 34-30 with 15 second remaining.
• Following a bye week, Texas will play at Houston on October 21.