New Braunfels High School Threat Unfounded, No One Hurt

Proceed with...

Photo: Getty Images


Police are trying to figure out who reported a threat that led to a lockdown at New Braunfels High School on Thursday. School district officials say the lockdown started around 3 p.m. after the anonymous threat about a possible gun on campus came through a student tip line. Police say the threat was not credible, but the lockdown lasted for hours as students were evacuated classroom-by-classroom and held in the stadium until they were released. The lockdown was lifted after 6 p.m. No injuries were reported.

Previous story:

New Braunfels High School was placed on lockdown this afternoon after the school received an anonymous tip regarding a threat. After investigating, no threat was found and students were released.

The school initially posted on its Facebook page:

"New Braunfels High School has been placed on a lockdown as a precaution after receiving an anonymous tip regarding a threat at the high school. New Braunfels Police Department is on the scene to assess the situation as well as several other emergency personnel.

With a lockdown in progress, this means no one can enter the building and no one can leave the building. We ask for your cooperation and ask that you keep the area clear until the lockdown has been lifted.

"Tall Cop" Community Event at NBHS set for 6-7:15 p.m. has been cancelled.

JV A & B Football games at Unicorn Stadium for Sept. 8 have been cancelled.

Freshman A & B games being played offsite for Sept. 8 have been cancelled."

At about 4:10 the school posted:

"We are currently releasing students to Unicorn Stadium as the building is being cleared. The lockdown was precautionary and no threat has been found. We take all threats seriously and are cooperating with law enforcement to ensure student safety.

While there is no need for parents to come to NBHS, those that do are being directed to Unicorn Stadium."

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content