The National Hurricane Center is monitoring a system in the gulf that could bring heavy rain to parts of the Texas-Mexico border.
Potential Tropical Cyclone (PTC) Four, is located over the western Gulf of Mexico and is moving northwestward. It is expected to become a Tropical Storm before making landfall in northeastern Mexico tonight.
A tropical storm warning is in effect for the lower Texas coast from Port Mansfield (about 140 miles south of Corpus) southward to the mouth of the Rio Grande River. In Mexico, a tropical storm warning is in effect from the mouth of the Rio Grande River southward to Boca de Catan.
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service (Houston/Galveston)
- National Weather Service (Corpus Christi)
- National Weather Service (San Antonio/Austin)
- National Weather Service (Lake Charles, LA)
- LIVE Texas Weather Alerts