Lifehack recently offered readers 5 steps for getting on track to finding their dream jobs:
1. Take time to determine your values, Whether it's work-life balance or an ethical corporate culture, find out what is important to you.
2. Come up with a litmus test for potential employers, Metrics like salary levels, locations, work assignments, benefits, tuition reimbursement and other perks are all aspects to take into account.
3. Craft a targeted search plan, Now that you've figured out what's important to you, it's time to make connections and build a mutually beneficial network. To really find out if a company aligns with your values, it helps to volunteer or talk to current team members.
4. Take action, Lead with your values to build interest and intrigue with potential employers. Reverse engineer your job search by using social media to build a network of people who share your priorities.
5. Live by your values, While healthy compromise is a key part of a values-based job search, it's important to never compromise your core beliefs. Lifehack recommends sticking to your values and avoiding any job that asks you to compromise them. No matter where you are in your life, determining your values can help get you started on the path to your future dream job.