Due to freezing weather, UTSA will operate on a reduced campus schedule from 5 p.m. on Sunday, February 14 until noon on Tuesday, February 16.
Online classes will continue on their regular schedules. In-person classes will transition to online instruction at their scheduled times until noon on Tuesday.
Employees with essential job functions and faculty should contact their direct supervisor, department chair or dean with any scheduling questions.
Students who have questions about assignment due dates and other course requirements during reduced operations should contact their professors and instructors directly.
- Campus Recreation will be open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, February 14; closed on Monday, February 15; and open 4–8 p.m. on Tuesday, February 16.
- The UTSA Libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Sunday and reopen at noon on Tuesday. Virtual services and resources will be available at https://lib.utsa.edu.
- Beginning Sunday at 5 p.m., UTSA Athletics will pause all athletics training and practices on campus. Scheduled sporting events will take place without fans.
- Roadrunner Café will remain open. Other on-campus dining locations will be closed.
- Counseling and Mental Health Services’ Main Campus clinic will be closed February 15–16. In-person appointments will available via telehealth. Call 210-458-4140 (option 2) to schedule an appointment. The crisis help line is available 24 hours a day at 210-458-4140 (option 3).
- Student Health Services will provide patient services remotely February 15–16. Lab services will not be available.
- Livingston Laboratories will continue to provide COVID-19 testing services Monday and Tuesday at their regularly scheduled hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Student Disability Services will be available in its virtual modes February 15–16.
- The Student Union, Rowdy Campus Store and UTSACard Office will be closed. The Roadrunner Pantry will be open noon to 4 p.m. on February 13–14 to allow for food pickup.
- Research administrative procedures, training and specialized research services will be rescheduled. Laboratory Animal Resources Center staff will continue to support on-campus operations.
- The Laboratory Safety Division will continue to support research activities on campus. However, in-person training and evaluations will be rescheduled. Laboratory Safety staff will be available to respond to emergencies at 210-294-3342.
UTSA Facilities crews have made preparations for freezing temperatures and the possibility of frozen precipitation, including treating streets and sidewalks. Campus walkways that accumulate ice will be blocked off. Please avoid those areas to prevent injury. The top level of each UTSA parking garage has been blocked off to prevent weather-related damage to vehicles.