Three Cedar Park Police Officers Shot

Updated at 9:15 a.m. 8/17:

A police standoff in Cedar Park came to an end this morning, 18 hours after it began. A man who had shot three officers had been barricaded inside the home.

After negotiations through the night, he released two family members who were hostages and an hour later released his mother and surrendered peacefully.

Two of the three officers who were wounded have been released from a hospital after being treated for their injuries. The third officer underwent surgery this morning.

Updated at 8:30 a.m. 8/17:

Two hostages were released from a house where a man is barricaded following the shooting of three Cedar Park police officers yesterday.

Interim Police Chief Brian Harmon said the suspect's mother remains in the home, but two others were released.

Two of the police officers who were wounded have been released from a hospital. The third is expected to recover.

Previous story:

Three police officers were wounded as they responded to a call at a home in Cedar Park near Austin.

Cedar Park police say the suspect is barricaded inside the home and officers are urging residents to stay away from the area. Roads are being shut down in that area of Cedar Park.

Cedar Park Interim Police Chief Mike Harmon says all three officers are recovering from their wounds. Harmon said some family members are still in the home with the suspect and a negotiator is trying to bring an end to the standoff without any additional injuries.

"Our hearts are with the police officers who were injured while protecting the Cedar Park community this afternoon," said Governor Greg Abbott. "We must never take for granted the service and sacrifice of our law enforcement officers, and the State of Texas stands ready to provide the support and resources needed to bring justice to those involved. I ask that all Texans join Cecilia and me in prayer for the these officers, and for the safety of all law enforcement officers across the state." 

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content