Power Surge Blamed For House Fire On Southeast Side

Orange Dancing Flame

Orange Dancing Flame

Investigators say a power surge is the cause of a house fire on the Southeast Side on Sunday afternoon. A crew from CPS Energy was working on a power line when the accidental surge ran through a line connected to the utility closet of a house on Mercury Street. The surge sparked a blaze and shorted out the washer, the dryer, and the water heater. Three people inside the home got out safely before fire crews responded. No other homes were affected.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

News Radio 1200 WOAI · San Antonio's News, Traffic and Weather
Listen Now on iHeartRadio