Several agencies are concluding that a terrible smell at the Southwest Police Substation on Monday wasn't dangerous. The Fire Department, Hazmat and CPS Energy crews investigated the smell, which was compared to raw sewage, rotten eggs, and burning hair. Employees evacuated the building while crews tested the smell and tried to identify it. The fire crew said there was no sign of a gas leak, carbon monoxide, or any other dangerous gas. They helped ventilate the building, but never found the source of the smell.