Candle Blamed for Christmas Eve House Fire

A 10 year old girl is hospitalized  with burns after a late Christmas Eve fire badly damaged their south side home, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.

Firefighters were called to the 700 block of Recio St., which is right across I-35 from Burbank High School, about 11:30 Monday night.

The first companies on the scene reported flames coming out of the house.

Three people were in the house at the time.. A ten year old girl had to be rushed to the hospital with burns.. She was listed in stable condition.

Seven puppies were rescued by firefighters.

Firefighters said an unattended candle left burning in a living room was blamed for the fire.

The home is expected to be declared a total loss.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content