Attempt to Keep Pet Lizard Warm Sparks House Fire

A northeast side family's attempt to keep a pet lizard comfortable on a chilly November night sparked an early morning house fire that caused $50,000 damage to their home, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.

When the family at the house on Campwood St, which is off O'Connor Rd, went to bed last night, they left a heating lamp in the bedroom closet where the lizard was living.

Unfortunately, the lamp was placed too close to some clothes, sparking a fire.

When crews arrived, they found smoke coming out of the bedroom window.

Firefighters managed to contain the flames to the bedroom, but there was smoke and water damage throughout the home.

The pet lizard died in the fire.. No humans were hurt.

title

Content Goes Here