A west side family was forced into the cold with only the clothes on their backs Sunday morning after their home was damaged by a 2AM house fire, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.
Firefighters arrived at the home on Darby St., which is near Highway 90 and Cupples Rd about 2:30.
When they arrived, they found 5 adults and 2 children standing in front of the burning home.. None of them was injured.
Firefighters say the fire was started when a cigarette was accidentally dropped into a pile of clothing.
The house was uninhabitable and the Red Cross was called in to find the family a place to stay.