It's happened again, a squatter is blamed for starting a fire that badly damaged a home, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.
Firefighters were called to a house fire on Chestnut Street, which is on the east side just north of Sunset Station, about 4AM for a report of a fire.
When they arrived they found smoke coming out of the small home, and noticed that the house was getting electricity through an extension cord running to the house next door.
There were also cans of paint inside the home which made fighting the first particularly challenging. Nobody was hurt and the squatter was taken into custody by police.
Firefighters have been dogged over the past year by fires caused by homeless people or drug users who break into empty homes or homes for sale, and then light fires to keep warm.
Officials also say stealing electricity in this way is not unknown, and is considered theft.