What's the Hardest Snack to Stop Eating Once You've Started?
According to a new survey conducted by Never Binge Again author and psychologist Dr. Glenn Livingston, chips and other salty snacks are the hardest thing to stop eating once you've started.
More than 2,700 people recently took a survey to find out the hardest foods to stop eating once you've started. Here are the top five . . .
1. Chips, pretzels, and other salty snacks. 35% of people said they have a hard time stopping once they've started.
2. Candy, not including chocolate, 18%. So stuff like Skittles and Starburst.
3. Chocolate, 12%. That includes candy bars, like Snickers and Butterfingers.
4. Crackers and other bread-based snacks, 11%. So things like Cheez-Its.
5. Cheese, 10%. String cheese might be one of the main culprits there
Dr. Livingston also wrote that there seems to be a correlation between the type of snack you tend to binge on and the area of your life that is causing you stress.
"In my experience working with clients AND in previous surveys, people who binge on salty, crunchy snacks tend to be experiencing more stress at work, people who struggle with chocolate are more likely to be feeling lonely and/or heartbroken, and people who overeat bread and pasta can be very stressed at home," says Dr. Livingston.
The Joe Pags Show
The Joe Pags Show originates from 1200 WOAI in San Antonio and can be heard on affiliate stations around the country and on the iHeartRadio app. Get his official bio, social pages, articles and more online!Read more