The communists of the cold war aren't gone, they've simply rebranded. Just look at the goals of the communists entered into the congressional record all the way back in 1963 and ask yourself if any of these sound familiar.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
The list goes on and on. These aren't even the worst of them but nearly all the goals of the commies from the 1960's have been accomplished. When The Left looks you in the eye and with a straight face tells you they aren't the commies of old call them out on the lie.