Three House Fires May be Cold Weather Related

A space heater is blamed for a fire that destroyed a family's home on Garnett St, near McCullom High School on the south side, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.

The fire killed a dog that was nursing puppies.

The San Antonio Fire Department encourages safety around space heaters. Always establish a 'child and pet free' area around space heaters, never use them to hang clothing, even for a very brief time, and always turn off space heaters when you leave the room or go to sleep.

A fire damaged a residence on Encino Way, which is east of Stone Oak Parkway, and a fire caused significant damage to a home in Windcreast. Four people in that home at the time had to be hospitalized for injuries

A cause on the two later fires has not been determined.

News Radio 1200 WOAI · San Antonio's News, Traffic and Weather

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel