An elderly man is hospitalized with injuries he received when his south side home was badly damaged by fire early today, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.
When firefighters arrived at the home in the 300 block of E. Hart, which is near South Presa, about 1AM, they found smolke pouring out of the roof.
Police officers rushed into the home during the pouring rain and pulled the resident outside. He was rushed to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and minor burns.
Arson investigators are on the scene, and they way a lightning strike is a possibile cause.