A tragedy on the city's south side Monday night, where a father and his two daughters were found dead in their home, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning, News Radio 1200 WOAI reports.
Police were called to the home in the 100 block of Evandale, which is just west of Lackland Air Force Base, after a family member entered the home and found the girls, aged 9 and 11, dead. Police arrived and found the father, in his fifties, dead in a bedroom.
Police say there were no signs of trauma or foul play, and fire crews detected lethal levels of carbon monoxide in the home.
They say the family was getting its electricity from a gasoline powered generator, which apparently ran out of fuel. No word on why the electricity in the house was not working.
Officials say the Medical Examiner will make a final decision on the cause of death.