DJ Announcer (Spanish Language)
On air Spanish-language personality to present music, interview guests, host programs and take part in studio and remote broadcasts, in addition to recording commercials and doing live endorsements.
• Announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions;
• Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and may interview musical personalities and members of listening audience.
• Typically specializes in one type of music (e.g. classical, pop, rock, country and western, etc.).
• Writes, reviews and/or edits news copy, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
• Participates in promotional events.
• May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
• May directly sell advertising space to advertisers.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.).
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
• May require selling skills
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 1-2 years’ experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
San Antonio, TX: 6222 NW IH-10, 78201
If interested, please apply online at https://iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External_iHM/job/San-Antonio-TX-IH-10/DJ---Announcer--Spanish-Language-_Req7529-1T
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.