Two minutes.

That's about how long it took for a dry Christmas tree, lit on fire at the Fire Department Training Academy, to engulf a small room in flames.

"Having a tree is like having a five-gallon can of gasoline in your living room," Chief Charles Hood explained.

From December 24th to 26th, fire deaths go up 50-percent nationwide.  The majority of the fire started from dry trees, space heaters and candles, Chief Hood explained.

"A dry tree takes three seconds to ignite, two seconds to spread and 40-seconds to flash over fully involving a room, filling it with deadly heat and toxic smoke."